Theories and Computational Models for Multilayered Composite Structures
- Erasmo Carrera (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- 8 lectures on: Definition of laminated structures. Basic concept from theory of anisotropic bodies. 3D, 2D and 1D problems. Peculiarities of advanced composite materials. Review of classical and advanced theories and computational models for laminated structures: Beams, plates and shells. Historical contributions. The Carrera unified formulation for analyses of laminated structures.
- Antonio J.M. Ferreira (Universidade do Porto, Portugal)
- 8 lectures on: Meshless methods. Strong and weak form formulations. Element-free Galerkin methods. Reproducing Kernel particle methods. Collocation with radial basis functions. Beam, plate and shell meshless formulations for laminated structures. Implementation of Unified Formulation in meshless methods for the analysis of laminated plates and shells. Formulations based on PVD (Principle of Virtual Displacements) - Equivalent single-layer and layerwise formulations for laminated composite, functionally graded and sandwich plates and shells.
- Alberto Milazzo (University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy)
- 4 lectures on: The boundary element method. Anisotropic static and dynamic fundamental solutions. Multidomain approach. The dual boundary element method. Applications of BEM to composite laminates and structures. Damage analysis.
- Olivier Polit (Université Paris Ouest - Nanterre)
- 8 lectures on: Finite element method. Numerical lockings. Beam, plate and shell for laminated structures. The case of multifield problems. Formulation of geometrical nonlinearities.
- Anthony M. Waas (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA)
- 8 lectures on: Computational versus experimental analysis of laminates structures. Failure mechanisms of laminates structures. The most common failure criteria. Scale effects.