Atmospheric Convection: Research and Operational Forecasting Aspects
- Harold Brooks (Nat. Severe Storms Laboratory, Norman, Oklahoma 73069, USA)
- 4 lectures on: Overview of mesoscale convective phenomena, their classification, monitoring and forecasting: the USA experience.
- Dario Giaiotti (ARPA FVG -CRMA, Udine, Palmanova (Udine), Italy)
- 4 lectures on: The role of mesoscale boundary condition in the formation of convective local severe weather over limited areas in mid latitude complex terrain.
- Paul Markowski (Pennsylvania State Univ., University Park, PA 16802, USA)
- 6 lectures on: Boundary layer instability and atmospheric convection as a source for mesoscale weather phenomena.
- Renzo Mosetti (Ist. Naz. di Oceanografia, Trieste, Italy)
- 4 lectures on: Circulation and thermohaline common features of shallow seas and lagoons. The Adriatic Sea case and its influence on the atmospheric boundary layer.
- Reinhold Steinacker (University of Vienna, Wien, Austria)
- 5 lectures on: The orografic effects on the atmospheric flows in the alpine region and the occurrence of local severe weather as a response of synoptic forcing.
- Fulvio Stel (ARPA FVG -CRMA, Udine, Palmanova (UD), Italy)
- 4 lectures on: Weather forecasts verification in limited areas characterized by a high severe weather frequency. Methods for the evaluation of the goodness of forecast, their quality and their economical value.